George Davis Lecture Theatre, Esmee Fairbarn Building, Heriot-Watt University
Saturday 7th November 2015
ARTIS will hold this event at Heriot-Watt University on 7th November 2015. It is a one-day event aimed primarily at doctoral students, postdoctoral, and early career researchers.
This event will feature the following speakers:
- Prof Jemina Napier (Heriot-Watt University) Overview of the Justisigns project & legal interpreting research; Access to legal sign language interpreting across Europe; Deaf jurors access to jury deliberations through interpreters
- Heidi Salaets (KU Leuven) and Prof Ursula Böser (Heriot-Watt University) Co-Minor/ Interpreting with children in investigative interviews
- Rob Skinner (Heriot-Watt University) Perceptions of access to police interpreting in the UK
- Eloisa Monteoliva (Heriot-Watt University) Transparent language constellations in interpreter-mediated police interviews
- Prof Graham H. Turner and Robert Skinner Interpreter-mediated police interviews in a multimodal context
- Dr Sabine Braun (University of Surrey) AVIDICUS/ Video conferencing and interpreting in legal proceedings
The programme and further details can be accessed here.
Registration now open – book soon to avoid disappointment: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/justisigns-symposium-nov-2015-tickets-17044915802